Health, Harmony & Happiness. I went through a spiritual change in my outlook. I needed to change something, so I started practicing Buddhism and it’s lit up my everyday life. These are my 5 Five-Minutes-a-Day habits – tips for putting your best into your life
1. Affirmation – Welcome each day with 5 minutes encouragement and affirmation. It doesn’t have to be intense or complex. You don’t have to force yourself to think anything you’re not convinced of! Try pausing, just for a moment, to remember some of the positive aspects of your life today.
2. Nutrition – Nurture your body with 5 positive and healthy foods. Again, this isn’t about being harsh on yourself! You could just grab some fruit rather than a muffin or have a bottle of water instead of pop. You don’t need to be a puritan to feel good from eating a little more of the good stuff!
4. Mind – Challenge your mind for 5 minutes. Learn a thing or two, even like a few new words, every day. This keeps you agile, alert and open to newness. It clears the clutter out the mind and blows the cobwebs away!
3. Body – Challenge your body for 5 minutes. You could pick up the pace getting to the train (and not just coz you’re late! ?), or take the stairs instead of the lift… I promise as a personal trainer I know the benefits to body, mind and soul last way longer than the 5 mins you’re committing to!
5. Reflection – Appreciate the day with 5 little minutes of gratitude and quiet reflection. There’s no need to push yourself to feel anything intensely, you don’t need to reach Nirvana in a day! A brief moment of reflection on the day can be super powerful and very relaxing.